Environmental Policy Statement Established in 1945 Fargro Limited is committed to continuous improvements in environmental performance and the prevention of pollution in order to minimise its environmental impact.
Fargro Limited Directors recognise that virtually all the activities in industry have some impact on the environment. We believe that our performance as a well-recognised leading supplier and distributor of specialist horticultural products, energy services and consultancy services to commercial growers throughout the UK, operating at Vinery Fields, BN18 9PY will be measured not only by our profitability as a business but also by our impact on the shared environment.
Fargro consider environmental regulations, laws and codes of practice in relation to our policy which focusses on the following:
- Minimising the environment impacts of our operations
- Sustainable planning of energy needs including electricity, oil and water
- Embracing renewable technologies
- Prevent pollution of air, water and land
- Conserve natural resources through effective resource planning
- Optimising the use of raw materials
- Minimise waste eliminating landfill waste and encouraging recycling through third party accreditation using Valpak Ltd and Grundon Waste Management
- Providing a suitable environment for wildlife habitats
- Training of employees in environmental matters and their impact effects of their activities
- Carry out planting to diversify wildlife
- Actively promote the use of biological pest control and integrated pest management practices where practicable
Responsibility of this policy lies with the Fargro Limited Directors.
Richard HopkinsManaging Director