Use of Data We use your data to give you the best possible customer experience by getting the richest picture we can of who you are. We also use your data to offer you customised promotions, tailored marketing messages, products and services you might be interested in.
- Data gathered may include:
- When you open an account with us, we collect Name, surname, email address and telephone number.
- As a part of order fulfilment, we collect your delivery address and billing address.
- If you contact us by any means with queries and complaints, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although it is not mandatory for you to respond.
- When you comment on or review our products & services, we may collect your name, email address and location.
- When you engage with us on social media, we may have a look at your profile to know your interests.
- Details of your interaction with us – we collect notes from our conversations with you, details of any complaints or comments, details of purchases you made, items viewed or added to your basket, favourites, discount coupon redemptions, brands you show interest in, web pages you visit.
We abide by the GDPR policy which allows us to store personal data to understand our customers and provide highest level of service. We use your personal data only with your consent. If you decide not to share your personal data with us, or refuse certain contact permissions, you can email
or phone us on 01903 726100 Here’s how we use your personal data:
To process orders
Disclosure and Sharing of Data The personal information we collect when you shop online will not be disclosed to third parties other than when order details are processed as part of the order fulfilment. In this case, we assure that the third party will not disclose any of the details to any other third party. We deliver our products through the following third-party services:
- With your consent, we use your personal data, preferences and details of your transaction to keep you informed about the new stock updates, discount options, promotional offers, popular products, policy updates, new product information and customised marketing messages. We do the communication via email, text, flyer/leaflet packed with the product.
- To assess whether we are prepared to open a credit or cash account facility for you with us.
- To provide you with information about our products and services that you request from us.
- To respond to your queries, refund & return requests and to handle complaints.
- To send you survey forms and feedback requests so that you play a bigger role in helping us serve you better.
- To build a rich picture of who you are and what you like.
Protecting your Personal Data We treat our customers’ data with utmost care and we take all appropriate steps to protect it. Sensitive data like passwords and payment card information is secured and encrypted. All the data is transmitted over HTTPS which is a secure technology for transactional purposes. We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerable attacks.
Your Rights If you want to get access to the personal data we hold about you, you can phone our customer services on 01903 726100 or email
If you wish to withdraw consent, or object you can phone our customer services on 01903 726100 or email – in this case, we will not use your personal data for direct marketing (promotions, gardening hints & tips, product information, product launches, best sellers, latest gardening news etc.)
If you want us to stop the use of personal data for direct marketing, click on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email communication that we send you.
If you need to correct any inaccuracies in your data, please contact our customer services on or email If we choose not to action your request, we will explain to you the reasons for our refusal.
Payment Gateway Policy
We encrypt data to safeguard your payment information and only accept orders from web browsers which have a secure connection. This encryption makes it impossible for unauthorised parties to read any information you send us.
SagePay – We use Sagepay in support of secure transactions. All the sensitive data is secured using internationally recognized 256-bit encryption standards used by, among others, the US government. The encryption keys are held on state-of-the-art, tamper proof systems in the same family as those used to secure VeriSign's Global Root certificate, making them all but impossible to extract.
View SagePay's Security Policy
If you have any questions that we haven't been covered, please email or phone us on 01903 726100 (Monday-Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm - excluding bank holidays.)